Sunday, September 23, 2018

Exterior Paint Update!

We have been here for 3.5 years. Last year I really wanted to paint the house but there just wasn't time for it. Instead we painted all of the trim white. It added a lot of contrast around the windows. We also painted the garage door but never got around to the service door. doh!

This year I really wanted to take the transformation all the way. Being 7 months pregnant meant I couldn't tackle the project myself. Instead, we hired painters to make our dreams come true. While they painted the siding Acier Gray (SW) and the trim and gutters white, Paul and I tackled the service and front doors. We had to completely strip the front doors. Talk about a pain in the butt! It took 3 rounds of citristrip, 2 days of painting, and a headache trying to attach the new door hardware. We ended up being doorless for THREE days and without a door handle for much longer than I care to admit.
...

BUT now it's done and I couldn't love it more. I am so pleased with how it turned out.





No comments:

Post a Comment