Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Santa Fe Chicken

During my Sophomore year in college, 
an apartment full of the cutest girls invited me and my roommates over for dinner.
That is when I was introduced to Santa Fe Chicken.
It is by far my favorite, most delicious and EASIEST crock pot meals.
I make it all the time.
In fact, I'm making it right now.

Santa Fe Chicken:
5 or so chicken breasts
(Since I'm poor I never use that much chicken)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans corn
1 cup (or more) of salsa
*1 8 oz. package cream cheese

Cook all except the cream cheese in a crock pot for several hrs until chicken is done. Remove chicken and cut up (I shred it right in the crock pot). Add the 8 oz. cream cheese ( cut up, or pulled apart) to crock pot mixture. Return the chicken to the crock pot and heat until cream cheese melts. Serve over rice

1 comment:

  1. i made this last week!
    you can even cook it with the cream cheese. i just threw it in last time. worked out great.
    tasty dinner!

    ReplyDelete