Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Homecoming Week(end)

Libby had talked all week about going to the Homecoming Parade and eating free blue pancakes before the parade started.  I love free food and, besides, parades are super cool.  The problem with this idea is that I decided to take Libby out on a date, making her miss out on her homework.  After dinner, we went home and watched tv.  Libby missed another opportunity to do her homework and study for her upcoming tests, and instead, stayed up way past our bedtime watching the Game Show Network.

We slept in...the parade had started, meaning that we had missed the opportunity to eat free blue pancakes.  How is a husband supposed to do anything right?!  So, I left her in bed, got dressed, and made some of my own blue pancake batter.
This actually turned out really well.  I heard some rustling in the bed across the hall.  And here it comes.  The same surprised face from a couple weeks ago.  They were hot off the grill at that point and Libby was so happy that she was getting her blue pancakes without even leaving the house.

3 comments:

  1. Awww...cute. I'm sure she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of blue pancakes before. You guys are so fun! Libby is one lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete