Friday, September 13, 2013

A post mostly about food.

As I uploaded pictures from the first half of August I let out a huge laugh when I realized most of them were of food. I love food, a lot. It's delicious. Too delicious, in fact. I'm trying to have a better relationship with food. You could almost say I've been on a sort of quest to break my food habits. And really, isn't that what it is? I tell myself that it's lunch time because it's noon, not because my tummy is rumbling. And that's wrong. So here's to listening to our bodies and eating mindfully because we need to, not just because we want to or think it's "time" to eat.

 Trying my hand at juicing and then overcompensating with cinnamon sugar popcorn. What? I never said I was perfect.
 The veggie portion to the Zucchini Stir Fry Recipe my sister Ruth invented. Delish.
 Intermission to show you my handsome man. He's learning how to put his clothes on and he adores being upside down.
 Another go-to recipe of mine is Potato, Sausage, Kale and Black Bean soup. I always add more and more veggies and there's never enough "juice" to cover all the goods. Filling and oh so tasty.
 The cutesies are at it again.
 A filling snack for under 100 calories? Don't mind if I do!
 Any pasta salad that calls for feta deserves an A+ in my book. And do you see all that produce?! I'm in heaven.
 I'm sorry, I can't stop.
Homemade Pizza Night!

Recipes will be forthcoming. I love pinterest but sometimes things just get lost on there. For security's sake, I'll post them on my blog. I want them for keeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment