Sunday, January 21, 2018

Andrew: 9 Months

You cut your two bottom teeth this month. Andrew, you are the most ridiculous teether I have ever met. A few days before your first tooth cut through you woke up screaming. You wouldn't nurse, take a bottle, sit still, or calm down. You were pulling at your ears, spinning in circles, and you would randomly stop crying and go completely limp on my shoulder. I had a major freak out because of your erratic behavior. My mind was racing as I contemplated brain tumors, double ear infections, and the possibility of you not waking up after going limp. I raced to the doctor and Chelsea Boet saw us within seconds. She agreed that your behavior was atypical. Everything looked normal so we gave you motrin and monitored you as you finally drifted off to sleep in my arms. After your nap you woke up as happy as a clam. The verdict? You are a drama king when it comes to cutting teeth!

You pulled yourself up for the first time the day before you turned 9 months old. Why are you growing so fast?

Nursing seems to be coming to a close. You don't seem satisfied after nursing and I don't want to compromise your growth by underfeeding you. I've been dreaming of having freedom from our multiple nursing sessions, but now that it's actually here I feel I will miss that special time with you.

You learned that you can reach up and play the piano. Vince loves to jam with you.

Water is your favorite! We went to Millennium Beach and you had a blast splashing and kicking in the water. You even threw your body forward to get your face in the water a few times. It didn't take too long for you to get the shivers. I enjoyed wrapping you up and cuddling you in a towel just like I did with Vincent when he was a tyke.

In the morning you wake up goofy and giggly.

Thank you for all of the smiles, Drewbie Doobie!





No comments:

Post a Comment