Friday, January 13, 2012

Fish.

 
Say hello to our new pets! 
These little fishies have been a part of the Hannibal family for over a month now.
(We wanted to make sure we didn't kill them before we posted about them)

For those of you who don't know, I am a HUGE fan of Craig's list. I check it multiple times a day. My favorite part of the website is the "free" section. That's how we got our Christmas tree, a box of baby clothes AND our beloved fish. I told Paul that I wanted a goldfish for my birthday. Then, lo and behold, there was an ad for free goldfish! We saved a bunch of money because we didn't have to buy the tank, the filter or the fish. Woo hoo! 

The fish are all different sizes, which makes it so we can remember who is who. The biggest one is Frankenstein (middle). He has a huge mass on his right side! We call him Franky so he doesn't feel bad about himself. The mid-sized one is Buddy (left). He's pretty quiet. The smallest of the three is Margaret (right). She's little, but she doesn't get forgotten.

Thus far I have enjoyed our new pets. The only time I have thought about getting rid of them was when I had to clean their tank. Bleh. So gross. Other than that, I love them! I like that they add a little pop of color to our kitchen area and I enjoy eating breakfast with them. I even think Paul likes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment