Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Festivities

I was really excited for Easter this year.
So excited, in fact, that I bought baskets and tons of candy over a month in advance.
We had to tie the candy up in a bag and make a rule that it couldn't be opened until Easter.

On Easter Eve, Kait and Garen invited us over to dye eggs.
It was Garen's first time! How crazy is that?
We had a grand ole time with those love birds.

I couldn't get a normal picture of them. 
Just goes to show that they're meant for each other.
Garen serenading Paul.

This Easter was my favorite for a few reasons:

1. I taught an Easter lesson for my CTR 4 class. I enjoyed preparing a lesson and teaching those little youngsters about the Savior, His infinite sacrifice and His triumph over death.
2. This was my first Easter as a married lady!
3. The weather was absolutely perfect.
4. I successfully contributed to Easter dinner.
5. I got to spend it with family.

Easter Baskets! Finally!
I hid eggs for Paul this year.
Next year, the little man and I will be the ones to go egg hunting.

We had Easter dinner at Ruth and Dan's house with Ben & Becca and Grady Burt.
We were sad that Teri couldn't join us, but we loved having Grady there.
We ate the Easter classics: Ham, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, homemade rolls, green stuff and Grady made absolutely DIVINE lamb with mint apples.
For dessert we had pineapple upside down cake with whipped cream
Yum!
While there, Paul helped Dan hide eggs for the kids.
... That's when they found snakes in the backyard!
GROSS.
Paul snatched them up so they could relocate them.
He's so brave!!


And that was Easter 2012.
A complete success if you ask me.

1 comment:

  1. Sick Paul! I did not know that you were a snake-catching type of guy! That's nasty, but way to take one for the team. I'm sure you saved those little ones from those scary things. Yep, you're ready to be a dad!

    ReplyDelete