Tuesday, January 13, 2015

"She is the comfort in the chaos"

As a lover of large families, I enjoy reading positive articles about having more kids. It's hard to explain why I want more kids than most, but this blogger was able to express why having more is a good thing. It seems counter intuitive that adding a baby in the midst of the difficult art of raising a toddler brings more peace than stress. This paragraph is the perfect summation of my feelings:

"And so, in these past two weeks, as I treasure every second, one verse keeps coming to my mind: “Isaac brought her into the tent of his mother Sarah, and he married Rebekah.  So she became his wife, and he loved her; and Isaac was comforted after his mother’s death” (Gen 24: 67).  Is it busy and hectic and messy having three children?  Of course it is!  Have I gone to bed at 8pm every night this week?  Yes I have!  But this time around, the baby isn’t the exhausting, overwhelming part.  In the midst of all the scheduling, and carpooling, and cleaning, the baby is my Rebekah.  She is the comfort in the chaos."

Read the rest of the blog post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment