Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A Bun in the Oven.

I'm 26 and soon to have three children. Occasionally, I stop and ask myself if I'm crazy. Come September I will have three kids that are four years and under. These days are exhausting and beautiful, messy and exhilarating. It's easy to get bogged down in the mundane tasks of picking up the play room over and over and over. But whenever I stop, like really stop, and look at my beautiful little humans, the fatigue melts away and I'm overcome with joy. 

All true accomplishments in life require effort. Climbing a mountain, running a marathon, getting your undergrad, masters, or doctorate degree, excelling in your career, etc. You have to balance your workload, manage the stress, grow, learn, and become. You set goals, you have set backs. But in the end it all comes together and you achieve what you've set out to do. 

It was during a rare, but relaxing, morning shower when it sunk in that motherhood is a true accomplishment too. Yes, you could say that "anyone can be a mom" but each day that I nurture, break up fights, make meals, and play in the sunshine-- I learn. I grow. I change. This accomplishment takes an entire lifetime, but it shouldn't go unnoticed. I'll never have a graduation, a pay raise, or a medal, but I realized how important it is for me to recognize my progress and importance as a mother. 

So yes, maybe I'm a little crazy. Perhaps I never change out of my yoga pants. And it wouldn't be a lie if someone told you I don't shower every day. But I am thrilled (and frightened) to add to my brood. My life won't look glamorous and you may wonder why in the world I do what I do, but I love it. I am becoming a better me while helping my little humans be the kind of people that make the world a better place. 

Bring it on #3!

No comments:

Post a Comment