Thursday, May 26, 2016

Five Years of Love

When couples post their sappy anniversary photos it usually includes the husband talking about how he married up. In 2011 I may have thought that Paul had gotten himself a pretty good catch, but five years into our marriage I see that it was me who married up.

Paul is the most selfless person I know. He wakes up at 5:30 am every day so he can come home from work by 4 pm to rescue me from the humans I call my children. Even with waking up at a ridiculous hour, he's still the one who checks on the crying kids at night because he knows how much I love my sleep. I do my best to make dinner but he never complains when he comes home from a long day at work to find that there's nothing on the table. Paul never says no when I ask for favor, whether it be building a fence or changing a newborn diaper. We don't fight because he is so loving and kind. He doesn't take offense and he is quick to forgive, even when he's in the right. When I grow up I want to be like him. He is my best friend and I can't imagine life without him.

I love you, Paul Martin. I am the luckiest lady alive and I can't wait to keep writing our love story together.


No comments:

Post a Comment