Sunday, February 12, 2012

Manly Minute

I'd been planning on changing the brakes on my car for a long time.  Knowing that my brakes were bad, and  I would have to get a safety and emissions test done in January, it was about time to do it.  The day I decided to get started was the first snowfall we had in weeks. So on a morning that looked like this, I decided to get messy in the garage.
 There are always a few hiccups, but it's best to get those out of the way in the beginning.  The first problem was trying to loosen the bolts on the brakes.  There was a lot of junk on them (probably from all the salt that is thrown on the roads throughout the winter in Utah).
 Libby, being the loving wife that she is, decided to supervise the whole process while trying to do some reading in the freezing cold garage.  Luckily, I knew exactly what I was doing, so she had nothing to worry about.
 When all was finished, I was a mess.  Brakes have a lot of brake dust on the inside of the wheel and all over the braking system.  This is a project in which you stand no chance of staying clean.  It's always fun to do a man's job.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! That's awesome that you can change your own brakes! I think I need you to teach Andy how. :)

    ReplyDelete